Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Quote From Adams

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” 
― Douglas AdamsThe Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul

Douglas Adams is one of my favorite authors. His books are funny and entertaining. This quote from Adams in one of my all time favorites. I can relate to it because I sometimes think I'm a bit off course in my life. I remember that I wanted to start college in Thief River Falls, but I ended up in Grand Forks. I actually like it here, so I wouldn't change it. I think that we end up where we are for a reason. I may not understand why I am in this time and place, but one day, I'll understand the full extent of my fate.

Another quote that I like from Adams:

“I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.” 
― Douglas AdamsThe Salmon of Doubt

I sometimes think I'm the world's worst procrastinator. Sometimes I wait until the day an assignment is do to actually do it, (Hence the super late blog entries). I relate to this quote because I'm not very good with deadlines, I tend to put stuff off until the last minute, which ends up stressing me out. I like this quote because it pokes fun at deadlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment